Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Spring Break

Finishing the pharmacology exam was the start to spring break!  This week has been a much needed break from the stress of school.  While I am still studying and working on assignments over the break, there is nothing quite like being home.  This weekend I was able to catch up with some of my old friends from nursing school.  It's neat to see how far we all have come since first graduating with our BSN degrees.  One friend is in NP school, while another is starting her Masters degree in Nurse Education, and I am working on my DNP.  It was great to catch up on the latest practices and to hear what was going on in the units I used to work in.  It was also fun to talk about project ideas for our various research classes, even though we live in different states.
My husband and I are enjoying some much needed time with friends and family.  We attend church in Jackson, but it's just not quite the same as being home in the church you grew up in.  Emory and I are both still very close to our church friends and enjoy getting to sit in my father-in-law's Sunday school class.  We received so much love and encouragement from everyone.  The Lord knew exactly what we needed! :)
Between catching up with friends and family, I will stay busy studying for the pathophysiology exam coming up next week when we come back from break, and hopefully getting started on our research poster details.  I'm also hoping to get ahead on technology assignments.  I'm quite thankful for online classes and resources that allow me to work on projects and assignments even when I am away from home and school.

No comments:

Post a Comment