Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter

I must admit, with school stress I didn't focus on Easter like I should have.  I realized it on the Thursday before Easter that I had spent more time worrying about finding pink peeps for my Easter centerpiece than I had spending time with God and appreciating what He did for us.  Dr. Wamble spent the last part of our class time in pathophysiology explaining the physiological process Christ went through before and during His crucifixion.  Talk about a humbling lecture!  It is unbelievable how Jesus suffered through all of the beatings and trials, bore the sin of the world, and in the end forgave us.  How amazing is our God!  We have freedom from sin because He died on the cross for us.  I have been reminded to MAKE time to spend with God.  Whether its early in the morning, or late at night, I cannot neglect my relationship with Him just because I'm busy with school.  He must be my biggest priority!
I got to enjoy time with my family when they all came to Jackson to celebrate Easter.  We had fun spending Saturday in Memphis and going on the tour through Graceland.  That was quite an experience...who wants green shag carpet on their ceiling?!?  Having them in town reminded me of how much I cannot wait to move back home to be close to them when I graduate.

No comments:

Post a Comment