Friday, March 7, 2014

Snow Week

It was definitely a fun and exciting week with all of the snow!  My husband and I were like a couple of five year olds playing out in the snow.  We attempted making a pitiful snowman, made "snow cream", and had a snowball fight on campus.

Having a few extra days off from attending classes, gave me the opportunity to really focus on assignments for my online classes.  Wednesday my research group was able to get together and we finished up working on our abstract.  Thanks to everyone's input we were able to get it turned in early.  We are doing our project on the comparison of regular hand washing (correctly for 3 min) and alcohol hand rub related to decreasing surgical site infections.  After conducting limited research, we've found that hand washing and alcohol rub result in about the same incidence of infections, but compliance is a major factor since many health care providers do not wash correctly for 3 minutes.  It will be interesting to find more research on the effectiveness of the two methods.

Technological transformations has been an interesting class so far.  We are required to design an online portfolio, similar to an online resume.  I hated the idea at first, but now that I've worked on it, I think it will be a great tool for networking in the future.  I have also designed my business cards, who knew I would ever have those!  It will be easier to network in the future with potential employers.  This class has been different than I expected, but I think I will greatly benefit from everything I am learning.
I'm still trying to come up with an idea for a DNP project.  We do not have to have anything finalized, but I need to start thinking of something related to anesthesia.  Hopefully I'll decided on something soon!
This semester is teaching me more and more everyday how much I need to rely on God to survive this program.  With challenges outside of school threatening the precious time I have to study for each class, and constantly feeling overwhelmed, God is teaching me to take time to be still.  I seem to always struggle with running from task to task, but God has been calling me to STOP, be still, and listen to Him.  What wonderful lives we have in Him!



No comments:

Post a Comment